12 January 2012

walk along a zigzag way

In the last night, when I was walking around the outside, I found my shadow was bent into zigzag shape on stairs. It showed my original silhouette differently, and was interesting. At that time, I thought pattern on a cloth also appears in many ways, because cloth is not always flat. It will be cut, folded or sewed up.
Until the last night, I was thinking that I would design a huge letter in the middle, because a poster design that I found in a book was impressing and it was so. Although it depends on how to use, my first idea may not suit to textile design. As long as I wish to be a textile person, I need to imagine farther conditions of fabric. Posters should be flat, but fabric won't, so designs for fabric should be flexible.
However, it is really DIFFICULT to reflect the thoughts on works. After struggling whole night, I quickly gave up and decided to imitate, anyway.

W, a letter I chose, has zig-zag shape originally, and this showed another zig-zag after I drew on folded paper. There are innumerable ways to fold, so it is endless, but the end of project is coming!
A clear image still hasn't come into my head, but I think I found some prompts.



No comments:

Post a Comment