7 January 2012

paper eyelashes

Today, when I was cutting a piece of paper, I remembered a thing that my friend said that she would use "paper eyelashes" for a special day, in the last summer.
 I didn't have much interest on in at that time, but I felt like to search it today.

They are from a brand in London, and are surprising products. I was surprised, at least.
I often do paper-cutting for my work, but I've never made such detailed, tiny things.
No longer they are eyelashes, but fascinating as a kind of art. Many things are taken as motif, including abstract shapes. This detailed paper-cutting artwork attracts many girls and it gives impact on their faces, visually .

Before then, I have thought that art is separated from common fashion, but it seems that some young girls started including those items into their fashion, nowadays. I think it's good news for designers and students becoming designer.

Besides, I remember a thing that I heard before.
Girls in the 18th century were patching artificial moles on their skin for beauty. They tried to be seen their skin whiter (although there are many other predictions, but all opinion is related to beauty), and found this way. It is funny fact  for us, but after a century, I guess some of our latest fashion will also be funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment