5 January 2012

great works in the past

One of my favorite points of textiles is ‘we can use them’.
I want to make something that we can use in our everyday life.

I remember that my tutor in pre-university said that ‘textiles are logical’.
To be honest, I couldn’t understand what she wanted to say, even if it was Japanese. Now, I started to understand bit by bit, but still don’t have confidence.

I think textiles -weaving, knitting, printing and embroidering- are originally had been done at home. People in the past used to do it for themselves, or for their family. The traditional skills that were done by people who aren't known their name made extremely wonderful fabrics.
I think it’s interesting that someone’s mother could make better fabrics than people who have been studying design for many years like me.

I need to study more, practice more, and want to surprise people in the past with my embroidery.








No comments:

Post a Comment