31 January 2012

TEXT as Pattern ーproject endー

It was 20th of January when the TEXT project eded, and it's less than a couple of weeks before, but I feel it's like a month ago. It is because, the final week of the project was so busy, so I'm not sure when I've done what nor when I've finished all, and just feel like it was a long, long time. In another words, my works didn't progress on schedule. This is the biggest problem for me, and I should improve this from the next project. However, I don't totally regret about this, because I spent plenty of time on the research and I proud of it.
All of my patterns looks less decorative than it should be, but I believe it is enough, and I stopped myself trying to add needless things. Usually, I often try adding needless things, because I'm afraid to design simple patterns. There was no evidence of designing simple one, so I felt that I was cutting corner. In this project, however,  I'm not afraid to show my simple pattern collections. There are research, sketches and other drawings that I tried in my sketchbook, and they ensure that my final pieces are not designs which I found in luck, and they are designs which I chose from others.
This style of developing design is completely different from the style that I used to do, and it gave influence on my works. In the last year, I used to use too many colours (maybe all my favorite colours) and just think how to organise them in the pattern, and didn't consider about design and layout enough.
Finally, I'm happy to be able to find a new way of developing design. From now on, I want to expand the range of my design in various ways.







No comments:

Post a Comment