15 January 2012

the melody of P

Yesterday, I don't know why, but I didn't feel like making something, so spent most of time on developing my idea, and just took some notes. In contrast, today was a day for carrying out them.
After making colour samples for my 'R', I started designing 'P'. Although it is simple, I like 'P' in my photo, so the shape of my own alphabet is not so apart from it. Usually I prefer complicated design to simple one, but I'm trying to make simple design with complex structure, in this project. I hope my attempt goes well.
My idea for the layout of the alphabet came from music. I'm not a good reader, but I felt comfortable to follow musical notes. I guess there are people who feel the same. Firstly I have thought that I would use this idea for 'G', but actually 'P' is more suitable, thanks to ♪-like shape.
Now I plan to draw more, and then layout some good ones from them on a bigger sheet.



No comments:

Post a Comment