8 December 2011

the importance of reorganise

I made a small,  floral piece today, and this is a most satisfying piece in today's work.
It is because, although I wanted to use a piece of mono-printed paper from the beginning of project,  I haven't found a good way to use. Therefore, I began to think I failed at the process of printing and this print is poor.
Now, I surely understand that I just wanted another reason for my poor variety of ideas. Actually, that print was not successful piece as a print, but it had a possibility as a material. If I keep avoiding using this print, it might be rubbish finally. However, interestingly, when we reorganise something, we can see it differently, better or worse.
I think it is related to designers' job.  High quality materials don't always produce high quality result, but poor quality materials sometimes produce high quality result. Whether it is going to better or worse, is depending  on the ability of designer.





2 comments:

  1. What you say is as well as in photography. Expensive equipments can not always take nice pictures. It's totally up to thier users.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're right. If I were using a single-lens reflex camera from a famous camera brand, I would be blamed by photo-lovers! We need to be familiar with the things that we use, and choose the best one from them. Language is the same as this, and I often choose incorrect words from my poor vocabulary. What a confusing world we are in!

      Delete