27 December 2011

I wanna be like them?

My friend told me a good artist who is making cute cookies.
This artist studied textile design at art university in Japan, and after working as a designer for several years, started to work as an artist.

His cookies are all hand made, and can be eaten in spite of its bright colours.
His activity is very close to my ideal. Making works by hand, showing them at exhibitions, collaborating with fashion brands, selling works at a proper prices and making people happy.

When I was researching designers on the first project, I found a knit designer who is doing ‘everything’ -designing, knitting, modeling and photographing - by herself. In the interview, she said she was working whole day, from when she got up to go to bed. It seems quite hard and lonely although she likes her work.
I thought it’s difficult to balance between things want to do and limited time.








No comments:

Post a Comment