3 February 2012

London trip -the 3rd day-

On the 3rd day of London trip, we went to Fashion and Textile Museum.
There are many pictures of models wearing beautiful dresses. I enjoyed reading texts of how fashion shows are organised, what is happening at the backstage of the fashion show, and how the catwalk show has been developed and will it be, as well as looking around photos and dresses. Firstly I felt dresses were fewer than I  thought, and wondered why there were many photos instead. It is because I used to think fashion designers (and other designers related to fashion show) are designing 'things'. However, I found the words 'capture the moment' in the description, and realised that the designers are making effort to show the most beautiful moment. From this point of view, Fashion and Textile Museum is full of records of the beautiful moments.
This museum is the smallest in museums where I visited during London trip, but I found many things I liked. There was a silver dress with floral embroidery on the upstairs, and I liked photos of it as well as real dress.   Those photos were taken by Philip Meech, and I really liked.


Pictures of makeup were also interesting and beautiful. I saw many interesting patterns and beautiful colours in both photos and real dress, in this museum. Recently I haven't used many colours, especially bright colours, but I remembered pink and yellow are really really nice colour!




No comments:

Post a Comment