27 February 2012

clipity-clip

Now I'm getting into cutting paper.
When I fold evenly and cut paper, the ordinary brick pattern appears. However, if I fold unevenly, there   will be a random pattern after cutting. That's more interesting than usual one, and there can be much more variety of patterns as long as I try other ways of folding and cutting.
I liked one of my location drawings which I drew at Glasgow Botanic Gardens, and my current idea of cutting paper come from this drawing. Actually I wondered if my location drawings would inspire me when I start my actual work of project, but it did.
In my view, it was unbelievable that the architecture become a basic idea for textiles, but it does, so I knew that the project is organised reasonably, and my tutors are wonderful! once more.




No comments:

Post a Comment