7 February 2012

impulse

In this afternoon, I felt far harder than usual to go up the hill on my way home, because I had walked a lot. For a new project, site drawing, we don't need to be (should not be) in the studio, and classmates have spread over the city of Glasgow. Although I quite like to work on my desk in the studio, I feel something fresh with this project, and liked except weather conditions!
I went to Kelvingrove Museum & Gallery today, and spent almost half a day in there. Firstly, I drew roofs in various shapes. It took much more time than I thought, because of complicated details, but I enjoyed drawing them. After I entered into the museum, I found the structure of the ceiling interesting, so decided to draw it and moved to the 1st floor. The ruler drawing of the ceiling also took much time, and I was bothered with my 'slow work' throughout the day. 
When I was drawing the next one, two little boys came up to beside me. They were 3-year-old twins called Alexander and Nicolas, and exited with my drawing materials, and started drawing on my sketchbook. Firstly I thought 'oh my gosh',  but now I think it's okay, because it'll never happen if I stay in the studio. No one knows whether pink and black thunders on my drawing made it brilliant or worse, but at least I won't forget them having been excited with my colour pens, and I want to keep feeling an impulse to use a new material, like them. 

roofs

ceiling

'our' drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment