20 January 2013

colouring books

My drawings are getting simpler, and harder to identify the original photo. After doing texture drawing, I've been concentrated to symbolisation of the shapes. It is difficult to break down the botanical shapes and to leave only necessary elements. I don't really like these drawings below to be honest, but believe it is good to try variety of drawing styles.





I've been to Edinburgh this yesterday, and visited Dovecot studios. As there's no current exhibitions at the moment, I thought I wouldn't go, but now I can say it was well worth visiting. I found a book called Pretty Deadly at the museum shop, and knew an artist Michael Brennand-Wood. His work is very different to the others, and it is literally exploding. I'm sorry for having been not able to see the original (the exhibition has already finished only few days ago), but it was good to know a new artist.







No comments:

Post a Comment