3 January 2013

camisole 3

   This is the third camisole that I embroidered, and it will be the last one that I could make during this holiday. Now there are only 4days left until the holiday is over, so it is time to start drawing for the school project. (I still want to knit some small things if I can...)

   As I did at the last time, I embroidered on a ready-made camisole.
It's been a long time since I've done cut work last time, so I was excited and also afraid about it, but somehow I felt much easier to do this than before. When you've done a big piece of cut work on soft fabric, it's difficult to hold the shape, so I made it with 2 layers; there's organza underneath of the original camisole.  
   For the vertical lines, I applied funny chain stitch called cable chain stitch. This idea came to me last night just a second before I fell asleep. I'd seen the stitch before, but I didn't know how to do it, so it was good chance to learn. Actually cable chain stitch was quite simple, and I liked it.

it's see-through, you see! :)


ideas of design




leather applique, cut work and cable chain stitch






No comments:

Post a Comment