30 January 2013

a mum of wool is a shorn sheep

   There are few photos of my knitted samples which I've done in the last week. 
I didn't expect that I would do such a lot of handwork together with the knitting machine before getting into the knit group. Because of it, I felt it's weird when my friend said that she was knitting 'by hand' although she's actually using a knitting 'machine'. Now I got what she meant, and I also agree with her in that way. 
   Those knitted fabric below are showing lacy patterns, but it is still in progress—they  need to be washed. The main purpose of washing fabric is removing oil inside of yarn, and making the stitches tighter as the woolen yarns shrink well. 
   A funny thing is, my tutor also told me that the fabric would smell and feel better by washing them with laundry powder.

Tutor: well, now your samples smell of a sheep yeah? (he sniff one of my samples)
Me: yes. (I sniff another)
Tutor: They'll smell and feel nicer after you wash them! (he sniff&crumple it with a smile on his face)

I doubt somebody who looked at us by chance might wonder what was going on between our conversation :)






No comments:

Post a Comment