10 January 2013

B&W

It wasn't a productive day today. Although I believe I spent plenty of time in the studio, there are only few that have potential to be developed at the next stage. 
This is because there is a problem on my selected photos. As I merely chose shapes which excite me, I've got a collection of random photos. Firstly I thought it's good, in terms of observing a variety of shapes, but actually the randomness confused me very much. I couldn't find a link between each photo nor even couldn't explain why I chose them. 
At a tutorial before Christmas, I was suggested to sort them by colour, and I did, but there were still few photos that were not able to be in any groups. Those photos have bothered me, because I don't like their colours but shapes; I can't be happy with drawings of them in colour. I struggled enough until today, so I finally decided to ignore the colour of them and to concentrate on the structure. This might not be a good idea, but at least it helped me to take a step forward. I am quite happy with results of the paper manipulation below, and going to make(or draw) another from them.








No comments:

Post a Comment