6 March 2012

the world is at your command

Today, I finished drawing one of two A3 drawings of the final piece for the exhibition at the end of term. Purple and yellow is one of my favorite colour combinations. This colour combination reminds me my dad's funny memory in his childhood. When he was little, he draw a landscape picture with purple and yellow oil pastels, and then a kindergartener who looked his picture was surprised and told his mother (my grandma) that he was a bit strange.

I think we tend to rely on common knowledge and be scared to challenge to something different from it. The sky is blue,  clouds are white and land is brown.
As long as we live in the real world, we need to follow the majority in some aspects, but I believe that the world in your mind should be freedom.





In respect for the beatles and Al Brodax



No comments:

Post a Comment