13 March 2012

structures project end -1st year fashion & textiles exhibition-

From Tuesday to wednesday, 1st year Fashion & Textiles had an exhibition at the skypark gallery. I was excited to the exhibition from the beginning of this project, so I was so happy when I saw all works is pinned up on the wall. Recently I started to how to show my pieces better as well as how better pieces I would make. Although I quite happy with my paper textile and drawings, I really liked the atmosphere at the gallery. On this project, all pieces are displayed beautifully thanks to our tutors, stephen and some classmates, I hope I can manage it by myself someday.

By the last project, I haven't had a chance to see all classmates' work at the same time, and although I could see theirs at the studio, unless I'm in the same group at final reviews, it's rare to see their final pieces were pinned up. Especially paper garments of fashion students are stunning!! This is because I didn't know how they're going to be. 

While I enjoyed looking around others' pieces, I also found it interesting to see my own pieces from a view point of a third party. When I'm making mine, I'm always looking at my pieces as a maker, but when I saw mines as a viewer, it looked a bit differently.


developments
 location drawings

 drawings of final pieces



No comments:

Post a Comment