16 November 2013

project reflection

The first thing I think through Folk Project is that even though this project wasn't very long, I feel I took a very long and winding way until I produce the final pieces. From my geometrical and abstruct designs no one would see that I started with figure sketching . Indeed, this was a suprise for myself too to have got the result which looks quite Mexcan folk art which I was initially inspired by. In that sense, my long journey was successful and I am happy with it, and the design process blog is helpful to reflect it.
Taking notes and thoughts on my own work on weekly bases is a simple thing but great to do in terms of time management, and that made me not to repeat the same mistake. Also recording photos is helpful as visual information of what I have done each week.
Over all, design process project gave me an opportunity to analyse my own work and to look at process not only outcomes. This was similar experience to keeping journal but less personal, and it gave me a critical viewpoint.

here's my final design for a rug :)



cushions...

No comments:

Post a Comment