7 November 2013

nearly there


After having fun with sample making for last two weeks, I am stuck again.
Rug design which is necessary for this project has't been clear in my mind and I tried not to see the fact but this is the time to face it. I decided to go back to drawing so that I can develop simple and manufacturable designs, and I think this was the right choice. Drawing from completed design is challenging but it doesn't have a risk of taking me far away from the other designs, so it's actually not a bad idea to do it at this point.


Another problem is the complexity of my design. Although it is important to look at details, simple repeats and big scales need to be considered especially for interior products. Now I've got four completed final samples which are pretty much complex, so I want another half of the collection simpler than those.

the third sample—in progress 



Quality of fabric is significant for simple design because if you use fabric which looks cheap, it affects very much. Luckily I got a big square of beautiful lime green velvet for £1 from Mandors, so I am using this a lot.
So much to do in two weeks before the deadline, but I want to enjoy the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment