3 November 2013

sample making


This week has been the busiest so far, but is not very bad. I think I never get tired by embroidering.
After finishing the first one, I started making the second, third and forth ones at the same time. My second sample was supposed to be a huge one as I was thinking of stitching repeated patterns which are 30 centimetres big each. I didn't think it's unrealisable but it was obviously time consuming work, so I decided to stop working on it, and to concentrate on the other two. Here are my samples.

all hand embroidered, almost finished


hand cross stitch and machine fringe stitch


On Tuesday, I had my tutorial with Susan. She told me to use more different type/colour of background fabric, because I had been using black cotton only. This made me to think about material over, and my sample production slowed down again but that was worth it.
In terms of stitches, the technical file from the last year is really helpful, so that I choose the most relevant technique for my designs. 
Hopefully next week is going to be more productive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment