23 February 2013

windmills

   My resent drawings are focused on texture. The word texture sounded unfamiliar for me after I quit oil painting, so I felt awkward when I heard of it at tutorial in GSA. Now I learnt that texture is significant for textile design as well as other art and design, after I had been talked about it by tutors.
   Expressing texture with printed fabric is especially difficult because basically design is printed, it means the material is ink, while other disciplines have far more choices. It means that design for print depends on the original drawings. For example, if you got fluffy design for knit, you can choose wool or mohair yarns witch potentially have fluffy texture. But in terms of print, although you could use fluffy fabric, the impression towards that design would be very different depending on your style of drawing.
   I'm exploring the combination of texture at the moment, and will choose few of them that I'm happy with, so that I can develop the design more.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment