7 February 2013

ready to cast on

   The main task of this week is drawing more knit-related design and making development samples alternatively. I've been enjoying this process so far, although I found it difficult as well.
   On Monday, I had the last tutorial before hand-in day, and I was made to be aware of quite a lot of things which should be revised. One of two major parts is contextual awareness, and another is about my kitted samples. For contextual awareness, I've got information from varied sources where is too far from the context. Although it is still inspiring, what I need to get is knitted design rather than the others which is linked to my primary idea of design. About my knitted samples, Leigh suggested that I could make smaller samples so that I could try more different patterns instead of spending time on only few.
   Two things above are fundamental issue of my working style, so I really need to improve them one by one, bit by bit. As the first step, today I took my old drawings down, and pinned contextual images on instead, then now I feel my work desk is become more comfortable space to work between drawings, contextual awareness and knitted samples.


There's a couple of my development samples.








No comments:

Post a Comment