22 December 2012

top secret

   Today, I read a book called The great book of lingerie. The book was very thick and heavy, so I have been awkward for a long time to borrow from the library, but finally I did for the christmas break. Now I can say that it is worth borrowing it, because it has got much information and there are lots of pictures in the book. 
   I have been dreaming of having my own lingerie shop someday in the future. This is big mystery that I am studying textile design and interested in lingerie, because they are very feminine stuff but I am not—actually I have never been aware of myself girlish. I prefer trousers to skirts, do not like making up too much and cannot speak in elegant way. I do not know why I am so keen about embroidering and doing other needlework, but I thank god for making me be a female, because I would not be as ambitious for textiles as I am, if I were man.
   In the book, there are interesting words about lingerie in the time of Louis XIV. Women generally used to wear three petticoat under their dresses, and named each of them, one was ''the modest'', the middle one was ''the mischievous'' and the last one, ''the secret''. Wow, what a hot name. 




very little sketches on a very little sketch book





No comments:

Post a Comment