14 December 2012

ideals, hard facts and escapism

   Recent days have been not productive, but I feel something fresh with my every drawing. It does not mean that I liked themselves, but I believe that they probably help me at the further stages.
   As it is the end of term now, there are works laid on every student's work desk. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th year are in the same studio, so I could see my senior's work. It was absolutely amazing. I thought I wanted to be like them, and at the same time, skills which would be required in the 3rd and 4th year made me anxious. What I can do is believing myself and doing my best!
   The result of the last project is not very good, and it made me depressed enough. The good thing is, there are plenty of time to rest, good friends and good music that recover me from this bad feeling. 
   I cannot help being conscious about marks, but the most successful design is the one which is able to make myself happy, at last. If someone else liked it, I would be happier. 
   In Japanese, we often call students as eggs. In the case of an art student, he/she is an egg of an artist. I will be born when I graduate the GSA, and will be artis-chick!! YES, I will!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment