29 December 2012

camisole

I have hardly ever made dresses before, although I do like sewing. 
There is a lot of time to make something besides the school project, so I decided to try making a camisole with embroidery. 
I do not really know the proper way of making a dress, so it took about 5 days to make it, and the quality is not very good, but I am still happy with finished one including design that is changed over and over again.


Primary idea and pattern plans



I don't have a pleater, so I needed to make pleats by hand! 
That was the most time consuming and boring work.



smocking stitches on hand-pleated cloth


sewing the shoulder and the back together


sewing upper side and bottom side of the front piece together



I sewed a hook and a eye instead of a zip fastener







No comments:

Post a Comment