23 October 2012

high-tech or low-tech?

What do you think of the image below?
When I saw it at the first time, I thought it looked like lords of cottom buds stisking out of flutes.
This is actually a part of a loom, a very old loom.
Those pegs lift certain shafts up every time, so that you can get patterns on your weave without checkigng and remembering patterns by yourself.
It is very high-tech isn't it?

 
 
 
Recently I'm enjoying weaving and even being in the workshop.
After the last review, I have done less drawing but more weaving, and tried to get different kinds of texture by beating yarns tightly or gently. 
This is why I finally went to a wrong way again, but at this time, I am rather being relax than in panick. Although there are still many things to do, it is quite clear what do I do the next.
I hope I can manage to hand my stuff in in time, and will be satisfied with its quality.
 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment