24 April 2012

drawing

I've done quite lots of things today. I don't mean I've done much work, but I tried to do many kinds of work.
Making colour palettes, drawing, re-drawing and something else.
I know I always make colour palettes in the later half of the whole time, and that's why I'm always rushed to choose colours and then regret about the colour combinations afterwards. At the last project, we couldn't use any colours except white, so I didn't need to be bothered with it. 

I started analysing colours earlier than usual, so that I won't do the same failure again!!
Surprisingly, I found so many lovely colours from my 'black headphones'.


In the last week, I was excited with 'illustrator' after the technical work shop, and I've done more PC based work than hand drawings. PC is really handy when I want to repeat a lot of exactly the same patterns, so it would be nicer to work between PC-based and hand-based, in order to make better pieces by the deadline. 

There are 2 of 4 options I need to choose, 
Surface patterns - print or embroidery
Structural patterns - knit or weave

I prefer embroidery and knit, because I'm not good at 2 others, but my design began to be suitable for printing and weaving. Need to enjoy practicing them!





Making structural patterns is challenging, but interesting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment