16 February 2015

visualisation

Visualisation is a challenging task for me at all time. As an embroiderer, I am often dominated by embroidery ideas throughout the project and used to make less effort at visualisation. To avoid this, I had to obtain another perspective as well as textiles, and in this project it is fashion.

digital collage—scaffolding and a man
Above is a digital collage which I combined my primary research photograph and a male model. Recently I recognised my technical samples are comparable to scaffolds at building sites, and this is an attempt to link the technical and contextual aspect of my project.

Below, there are 3 sets of photoshop visualisation.  The first is experimental collages. It focused on silhouettes rather than patterns but I am happy with it because I used to apply patterns into ready-made clothes and felt less personal about it. The second, patterns exploration, was not a plan at first, but some of repeat patterns turned in positive way as they looked fairly different to the original blocks. The bold, one-off pattern worked well but it didn't exceed my expectation, and overall I felt those patterns might be 'too safe' to achieve the aim of the project. The last is the combination of repeat patterns and abstract accessories that I drew inspiration from medical casting and splinting. It is the most potential visualisation as it included the elements of both drawings and technical samples.

silhouette exploration

patterns exploration

cast-inspired accessories


In next week I am going to continue visualisation, and hopefully start sampling some of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment