26 November 2012

Foci design



    For a lecture called Forum for Critical Inquiry, I will do a presentation of my design on this Wednesday. The design is that I got inspiration from an object in the GSA's archive.
   We have visited the GSA's archive in the beginning of this month, and each of us chose an object to look into. Obviously it was quite hard to get information from very old object within only an hour, but I enjoyed it, because I could choose the one I liked. The object I have chosen is an embroidered bag(and a pincushion) made in Britain in the 17th century. 



From this object, I made a design for children's crafts.
I translated the motives of a bird and flowers as simple as possible.


The design could be applied for children's crafts, such as cross stitching and HAMA beads.













No comments:

Post a Comment