16 January 2014

hmm


Here are few of my primary research drawings below. In the first week I wasn't really sure how or what I draw but didn't want to spend time on doing nothing, so just played with texture and shapes by drawing from my research photos.
They are successful as brainstorming myself, but quite random in terms of colour, and they are varied in quality.





At my tutorial, I was suggested to work in the same way as I did in the last term, because there's obviously not enough time to challenge in a completely new method of creating patterns when I consider about making three garments before the deadline.
So, the successful thing from what I did last term is to make an interesting composition by combining a couple of (or sometimes three) photos together. I'd never liked collage until last term, but now collage became one of my essential skills. I'm surprised about this fact, and happy with it at the same time.

At the moment, my interest is in broken things—or some images which have similar kind of patterns within. I don't know and am even scared of what kind of lace patterns are going to be produced after few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment