25 September 2012

Stop the motion


My drawing works are going well at the moment, at least better than struggling days in the last week.
I am enjoying drawing and quite happy with them which I have done. 

Sometimes, or often I believe in my own sense rather than design theory, although I know I shouldn't. I cannot understand the theory until I face to it during an actual work. It happened today.
When I was doing stencils from a photo, I wondered whether I put brown bricks pattern in rectangles or out of them, and then I decided to do both by dividing paper in half.
Although the rectangles are allocated same, they look different. One seems to be stopped the motion and settled in each place, but another is not.
I thought it is interesting, and remembered that I read about this in sometime before, at the sometime.
I have learnt that I need to think of not only patterns themselves, but also arrangement of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment